E-2 Visa and US Investor Visa
E-2 Visa and US Investor Visa Programs
Are you interested in owning a business in the United States?
Would you like to also bring your family here while you manage that business?
One of the nonimmigration options available to applicants with citizenship in certain countries is the E-2 treaty visa (“E-2 Visa”).
Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
About the E-2 Visa / US Investor Visa Program
The E-2 Visa allows a foreign national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States when investing a ‘substantial’ amount of capital into a U.S. business, including franchises, for up to five years, with an unlimited amount of extensions.
E-2 Visa Process & Business Consulting
InvestAmerica specializes in providing consulting services for prospective applicants seeking to live and own a business in the United States via the E-2 Visa Program. The business can be via acquisition of an existing business, starting a new business, or owning and operating an established franchise business in the U.S. InvestAmerica and our partners have access to businesses in a variety of industries, including, but not limited to, boutique fitness, specialty beauty, home services, business outsourcing, restaurants, and senior living services among many others.
Selecting an E-2 business can be a daunting task with many moving parts that cause applicants to be overwhelmed. InvestAmerica’s extensive experience in immigration via investment to the United States has allowed the firm to create a one stop shop solution for prospective E-2 investors. InvestAmerica can provide expert guidance from start to finish in coordinating all moving parts including but not limited to the following:
- Introduction to legal and E-2 visa immigration specialists and franchise consultants;
- Assistance coordinating with immigration specialists, franchise consultants, and the selected franchisor company(ies);
- Conduct a franchise search and present franchise options based on your stated skills, experiences and interests;
- Facilitate introductions to selected franchisor(s) and coordinate all meetings and phone calls with selected franchisor(s);
- Conduct business due diligence to assist you in evaluating all the franchise choices presented;
- Attend meetings with or on your behalf;
- Coordinate weekly update call with you, your immigration attorney and/or other E-2 professionals to keep E-2 application process on track;
- Consult with you during key points to ensure you understand the process, information required, proposals made, and other E-2 visa process information and questions;
- Provide translation services to you, as and when necessary;
- Consult with you and your family until E-2 application is complete;
- Represent you after the E-2 petition has been filed until USCIS has delivered a decision and interview has been scheduled with U.S. Consulate or USCIS (as applicable);
- Coordinate introductions to U.S. individuals and/or companies who can assist you with moving to the U.S. and getting acclimated in your selected city of residence; and
- Provide continued assistance until you and your family are settled in the United States (and the chosen business is open and operating).
How we do it?
InvestAmerica and our team of partners prioritize understanding our your E-2 goals and objectives. Once we complete a free initial consultation with you and gain an in-depth understanding of your immigration goals, business/franchise ownership objectives (hours, sales, employees, etc), your budget or investment level, your desired location and role in the business, among other items, we will provide you with a proposal to assist you along your E-2 application and investment journey. The information you provide us with allows us to then present you with a targeted selection of franchise opportunities for you to consider.
Once we get engaged, the entire process should take approximately 4–8 months, with the actual timing heavily dependent on how quickly you complete a comprehensive questionnaire, analyze the resulting franchise options, conduct research and due diligence, make a decision, finalize the agreement with the selected franchise company, make your investment, and how long it will take for the U.S. Consulate in the E-2 treaty country you are applying from (or USCIS) to review the E-2 petition and schedule your interview. InvestAmerica’s team of professionals closely coordinates all the steps in the process, geared toward conducting the most efficient and timely process for you and your family.
E-2-FAQ article link